Van Wert, Ohio
2/2011 – present
• Developed mission, strategic planning, initiated and designed branding/marketing structure
• Increased membership by 62% from 2011 to present
• Tripled operating budget and sales increase since 2011
•. Led property search, acquisition, design and restoration of local 12,000 square- foot armory slated for demolition. Subsequently the art center was relocated to this central downtown location, creating needed vibrancy to the architecturally significant community.
• Secured $175,000 in state funding and currently leading development and expansion of adjacent properties into out door green space, sculpture gardens, entertainment facility including artisan and farm market area. (Current project)
•. Secured National Endowments for the Arts grant 2015
• Designed and conducted presentations on varying art related content including creative development art economy and arts accessibility for all individuals regardless of ability.
• Secured 2018 $9500 Ohio Arts Council "ArtsNext" grant to create an interactive sculpture
• Instituted art/artisan program for branded product develop- ment, line extensions, marketing strategies and art processes
• Developed production techniques easing creative processes for adults with autism in areas of art, ceramics, weaving, woodworking, bath products, and pet products
• Designed and produce point-of-sale for retail gift outlets, presentation/video, consultation brochures, annual reports, signage, etc. using Adobe Creative Suites. Art directed store-front portion of website
• Assisted with grant writing for artist-in-residence projects through the Ohio Arts Council. Art direct collateral for seasonal festivals and events
• Designed and conducted statewide seminars and online tutorials on creative development tech- niques for persons with disabilities
Sauder Woodworking Co.
• Designed/produced catalogs, posters, brochures, packaging, kiosks, point-of-sale displays environmental, wholesale and major retailers, and internal company projects
• Designed print collateral for television ad campaigns
• Created and ideated design within rigid branded company specifications on tight turns
• Conceptualized and designed consumer and trade ads for national and international magazines.
• Art directed audio/visual presentations, web-site, miscellaneous print projects
• Stylized and art directed product photo-shoots
• Supported public relation efforts through design such as United Way fund drive collateral
• Provided digital editing for MarCom department
• Participated in campaign ideation within Marketing team
Associate Toy Designer
• Initial lead designer for popular activity doll Betty Spaghetty
• Designed and sculpted successful Giggle Writer drawing toy
• Created storyboards of toy design concepts and inventions for presentation and production
• Organized and conducted focus groups
• Collaborated and art directed with (Craig) Yoe! Studio for Betty Spaghetty logo and packaging design
• Worked with outside ad agencies, inventors and sculptors